Wednesday 1 March 2017

Great Britain 1935 - Inside a Silver Jubilee Booklet

Ever wondered what life was like back in 1935? What products did people use? What was advertising like back then? I for one really enjoy looking at old magazines. The old pictures. The funky advertising. So can a love of old advertising be linked in some way to stamp collecting? The answer is yes.

Some time ago I acquired a Great Britain KGV Silver Jubilee stamp booklet. I have to say I usually don't bother much with booklets from this era as they generally have quite a hefty price tag. But this particular booklet wasn't in the greatest condition, so I got it on the cheap. Having never laid my hands on one of these booklets before I was quite excited to look inside. There are thousands of photos of booklet covers, but very little of what is inside. 

When I received the booklet I was really looking forward to opening it. With hands trembling in excitement, I opened the booklet. And...wow! I was thrilled by what I found. Page after page of really cool 1930's advertising. As I said earlier, I haven't seen that many images from inside a booklet so I thought I'd share the advertising pages. I hope you enjoy.















What an awesome little time capsule! I haven't decided yet which of the advertisements is my favourite. What is yours?

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. rien à dire , comme d'hab ce blog est ... superbe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nivelle. This was a fun blog to do.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete